Friday, February 22, 2008

The moment you’ve all been waiting for….. applause, applause, applause

I am so obsessed with Nancy Drew.

I read the books.

















I play the games.















I love the movie.













And Pamela Sue Martin is the best Nancy drew so far.













That is Parker Stevenson as Frank Hardy (left) and Shaun Cassidy as Joe Hardy (right).

And the doll is beautiful, I just ordered her today.









But for the people that don’t know who Nancy Drew is, I will tell you.

In the year 1930, a woman by the name of Mildred Wirt Benson (aka Carolyn Keene) wrote three Nancy Drew books about a small town girl solving mysteries in River Heights. Then Harriet S. Adams wrote a few more books in the series and Charles Strong wrote one. In all there are 56 Nancy Drew books. One day, I decided to draw pictures of scenes from the games, so I did.


Game One: Secrets Can Kill .

Nancy goes to visit her Aunt Eloise and that is where a student is murdered in the local high school. Nancy has to figure out who did it, with the help her best friends Bess Marvin and George Fayne (George is a girl, by the way). Also helping her is her boyfriend Ned Nickerson, who, when he says “hello” sounds just like my brother-in-law, which I think is funny. To make a long story short, Nancy gets stuck in the school’s basement where there is a bomb, and she has to turn it off before she can get out, which is through an air vent and that is the picture I drew.













Game Two: Stay Tuned For Danger.

Nancy gets hired as an extra on a TV show called Light of Our Love (kind of cheesy, huh?) in New York to work under cover to find out who is sending threatening notes and poisoned chocolates to one of the actors. So while filming an episode, one of the spotlights falls and almost hits him. After filming was done and everyone has left the set, Nancy finds a ladder that goes up to where the spotlights are, but the wheel is stuck and Nancy haves to find some oil. When she went up the ladder, she discovered a piece of fabric and that is the picture I drew.













Game Three: Message in a Haunted Mansion.

Rose, one of Nancy’s friends, invites Nancy to help renovate an old Victorian mansion that is going to be turned into a bed and breakfast. However, there have been scaffolding accidents and odd things have been happening, like crying women, ghosts and whispering paintings. So Nancy puts on her detective cap and begins to play detective. At one point, Nancy walks into the front hall upstairs and looks at a mirror and sees a woman with blond hair who is dressed all in white.















I hoped you liked my first new post in a long while and look forward for my next post about the next three Nancy Drew games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home